Below, I have given the structure of the document I started using wherever possible, to have a concrete information in place for referring it across the product development.
Kindly comment on it, to help improve this document as well as myself.
Abstract / Executive Summary:
This will be a brief summarizing statement, usually between 75 and 150 words long, providing the reader a synopsis of the problem, method, results, and conclusions of your document.
This should ideally consist:
- Problems: Identify the key topic or problems in the client’s website, if any or suggest viable ways to design new web application / product by demonstrating the problem in other websites / products.
- Method: Specify main approach to solving the mentioned problems
- Results: Describe possible outcomes for the methods applied.
- Conclusion: Detail the conclusion you derive from the overall effort.
- The target market / audience
- purpose of the organization
- short and long-term goals of the site
- Intended audiences
- Why will people come to your site?
- Business goals
- Competitive websites / references
- Problems in the existing website
- The existing business processes (wherever applicable)
- Processes which can be refined or redesigned
- The brand identity issues (lack of powerful branding)
- New design strategy
- New Information Design
- Information Architecture & wire-frame designs
- Usability & Accessibility Strategy
- Visual Design strategy
- Application Development
- New front-end development
- Optimized for User-ease
- More accessible & usable
- Feasibility Conclusions
- How new website will help rebranding
- How it is more usable than the existing website (Usability & Accessibility issues)
- How it is technically better (in terms of loading time, frontend & database design, etc.)
- How it is better for search engineso How it more “Usable & accessible”